Website Updates, June Radio Statistics
We are happily settled on our new server after a few days of moving everything over. This allows us to house the streaming radio and website all in one place, removing the past issues of connectivity and the stream being out of sync. Our new home also allows us to handle a higher traffic load and gives the site some room to breathe.
The trend continues, as again June was our busiest month yet. The boost in traffic was thanks to a special mention by Rooster Teeth over in their podcast, as well as a post on reddit and a few popular gaming feeds. The increase in traffic caused our old server some stress and showed us the need to adapt everything to a new home. We managed to get things stable fairly quickly though, and have made significant improvements to the website and server load, which will make handling sudden traffic spikes easier in the future. I was thrilled to see so many new visitors and radio suggestions coming in via the forums, email and chatroom! We have a huge to-do list to tackle for our music collection.
The site poll for June was in regards to some upcoming changes with the radio request system. I think the wording of the poll had some people slightly confused, but the overall results match what I had intended to do. Right now the system restricts requesting the last 50 songs that have been played. This usually averages to about one and half hours. Rather then making this a set number of songs, it will be time based. I'm going to start with a value of 4 hours, meaning that you will not hear the same song twice within a 4 hour period, allowing for more variety and less repeats. This does not mean you can only make one request every 4 hours, it simply means you can't request a song that was played within that time. I know many of you have favourites you like to request, but I think for the overall enjoyment of everyone we want to keep the music fresh and avoid songs repeating too often.
Finally, here are the top 25 most requested songs for the month of June. Some new contenders have appeared!
1. Bastion - Build That Wall
2. Portal - Still Alive
3. Sonic Adventure 2 - Escape From The City
4. Bastion - Setting Sail, Coming Home
5. Portal 2 - Want You Gone
6. Halo 2 - Halo Theme Mjolnir Mix
7. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn
8. Halo - Halo
9. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Snake Eater
10. Alan Wake - The Poet and the Muse
11. Final Fantasy VII - One Winged Angel
12. 007 Tomorrow Never Dies - James Bond Theme
13. Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily's Castle
14. Sonic Adventure 2 - Live & Learn
15. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Gerudo Valley
16. Final Fantasy X - Sprouting
17. Assassin's Creed II - Ezio's Family
18. Legend of Dragoon - If You Still Believe
19. Final Fantasy X - At Zanarkand
20. Kingdom Hearts - Hikari (Kingdom Orchestra Instrumental Version)
21. Cave Story - Cave Story Theme
22. Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest - Bloody Tears
23. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Dragon Roost Island
24. Banjo-Kazooie - Click Clock Wood
25. Kingdom Hearts II - The Other Promise